3rd Workshop on Advanced Metrology & Characterisation for 3D CMOS
As nano-electronics technology is moving beyond the boundaries of (strained) silicon in planar or finFETs, new 3D device architectures and new materials bring major metrology and characterization challenges which cannot be met by pushing the present techniques to their limits.
3DAM “3D Advanced Metrology and materials for advanced devices” is an EU-funded pathfinding and assessment project focusing on innovations and progress in metrology and characterization related to the latest generation of 3D front-end of line (FEOL) and back-end of line (BEOL) structures (fins, nanowires, TSVs) as well as 2D materials :
- • Dimensional metrology: 3D-SPM, CD-SEM, OCD
- • Structural analysis: Electron Tomography, PL & CL, SHG, GHz-SAM, X-ray NanoCT
- • Compositional/dopant analysis: SIMS, Atom probe tomography, STEM-EDX and EELS, IRR, Raman, HRXRD
- • Carrier distribution and mobility: 3D-SSRM, micro-multi-point probes, THz spectroscopy
- • Strain and stress: HRXRD, Raman, Precession Electron Diffraction in a TEM
in the frame of the 3DAM project, firsts public workshops were hosted by IMEC in Louvain in April 2017 and 2018 (https://www.3d-metrology-workshop.eu/).
This 3rd workshop will be organized by LETI and will be held in Minatec, Grenoble. The workshop is free and open to the community. The goal of this workshop is to disseminate the results of the projects to the public. The combination with the insights and learnings from experts will make this one-day workshop an up-to-date overview of the most recent advances in the analytical techniques and diagnostic capabilities essential for technology development.
- Dr. Vincent Delaye firstname.lastname@example.org, (CEA, LETI) (CEA, LETI)
- Dr. Laurens Kwakman email@example.com, (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Download Program (pdf):